Your Cart is Currently Empty
The purpose of this page is to inform you about how we collect and protect any personal information you provide to us. It sets out how we intend to use your information, who we share it with and your rights regarding the use of your information.
What are Cookies?
Some cookies collect information about both browsing and purchasing behaviour when you access our website from the same device. This includes information such as pages viewed, products purchased and your history on the website. All data collected by cookies is anonymous and does not include any of your personal details, such as name, address, telephone number or payment details. If you would like to access more information regarding how cookies work or how to disable cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
“In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.”
Log Files and Web Beacons
In addition to cookies, we also use Log Files and Web Beacons to collect device information. Log files track any actions carried out on our website and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider details and date/time stamps. Web beacons and pixels are electronic files, which collect information regarding how you browse our site.
When you make an order on our website, it is necessary for us to collect certain information about you. This includes your name, email address, billing address, shipping address and telephone number.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal details contained in your order information to fulfill your order with us. This includes processing your payment information, arranging shipment of your order and providing you with confirmation of your order. In addition to this, we also use your personal information to communicate with you regarding your order and to provide you with any information or advertising in relation to our products and services, only in accordance with your preferences on this.
The device information we collect such as your IP address, via the technologies outlined above, is used to screen for potential risk or fraud. It also enables us to optimise our site and your shopping experience by analysing how customers browse our website.
Sharing data with third parties
We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations for marketing purposes. We will not disclose any of your personal information to any third party, with the exception of those outlined below:
- Other companies within our group;
- Purchasers, investors, funders and advisers if we sell our business or assets or restructure whether by merger, re-organisation or otherwise;
- Our legal and other professional advisers, including our auditors;
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations and/or the administration of justice;
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- For the protection of our employees and customers.
- Our service providers and suppliers
We use Shopify to power our online store. You can access further information regarding how Shpify uses your personal information by visiting https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. OnPoint Watches also utilise Google Analytics to help us understand how customers use our site and to optimise that experience. For further information regarding how Google Analytics uses your information, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Similarly, if you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As discussed, we may use your personal information, in accordance with your preferences, to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing in relation to our products and services. If you would like to access further reading regarding how targeted advertising works, please visit this educational page provided by The Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising via platforms including Google, Bing and Facebook, please visit The Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data which is the aim of this Notice
- The right to request access to personal data that we hold about you at any time
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- The right to object to processing of your personal data and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- The right to prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else
- The certain rights in relation to automated decision-making processes including the right to object to profiling
- The right to request that we erase or destroy your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them
- The right to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that data transmitted to another data controller. This is known as the right to data portability
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, if you have any further questions regarding your privacy, or if you would like to make a complaint please contact us using the details below:
- Email us at email@example.com
Do we retain your data?
If you place an order through our site, we will retain your order information for our records unless you ask us not to, in which case we will remove your data.